Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Snails

It's been a while since my last blog entry. On vacation in Germany, visiting Mom to celebrate her 80th Birthday with her. So many pics to catch up on. But wanted to share this wonderful little pic of two pretty snails, making their way across a bunch of rosehips . Rugosa rosehips are huge. Loved the markings on the snails as ours are just simple garden snails , not fancy striped ones. I've always been fond of snails, unusual for a gardener I know. I love the way their little horns come out and retract in an instant. :) I found these especially attractive.

2 comments:

  1. Something drew me here and here you are with a new post!
    Those are pretty snails. And so are the rosehips. They look like pomegranates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, glad you arrived at the right time. :) Have been amiss in posting since I left.
    And you're right, though the snails aren't very big snails, still the Rugosa Rosehips are huge.

    ReplyDelete