Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hummingbird HQ

Most of the time, as I look out the window from our little table, this little hummingbird is resting on that same branch. It appears to be his, in between sips of nectar, Headquarters. At first I only noticed him in the late afternoon/early evening hours, as the sun is setting. That's when I took this picture.
But now I look for him a lot and he sits there throughout the day, whenever he needs a breather from visiting the feeder, dipping into flowers or chasing of rivals.
As I am posting this, he just zoomed back into the pale blue skies once again.......snacktime!!

2 comments:

  1. That's an absolutely beautiful picture!
    One of the hummers here does that. It sits at the top of my neighbor's tree and scolds everyone around it. Including me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you visited and enjoyed the picture. After I took it, I noticed that he sits there a lot. He will scold us if we come too close.

    ReplyDelete