Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sleeping Tree Frog

As I am sitting at my computer this morning, I can hear the voices of the tree frogs, happily talking to each other from the ponds and puddles all around us.
The rain has been relentless this winter, it's seems never ending at this point. But the frogs are thrilled, as I am sure are ducks and other water creatures.
Note to self, check for webs between the toes!!
As I was listening to the frogs chatting away in that funny voice of theirs, I remember a picture I had taken of a tree frog sleeping it off in one of my roses a few years back. And here he is.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! I love that little froggy!
    I wish there were ponds somewhere around here to attract frogs. Before they built the new park we got to hear frogs around a puddle in the lot they built it in. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't he a cutie?! Kind of looked at my out of the corner of his eye as if to say "Oooops, she found me.YIKES!!"
    Maybe you need to make a little pond/fountain in your garden. :) If you build it, they will come!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Evi,
    du hast ja niedliche Gäste zu Besuch. Aber so ein Blumenbett ist ja auch gemütlich. Bei uns kommen jetzt auch die ersten Knospen raus. Vielleicht bekommen wir ja auch Tierbesuch auf unserer Terasse.
    Liebe Grüße
    Dagi

    ReplyDelete