Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Large Daylilies



I wanted to share a few more of my daylilies. These are the full-sized ones. I don't know the name of the double-orange one, but the beautiful deep red one is called "Firedrake". It was developed by one of the monks at New Clairveaux Monastery in Vina, CA, which is near us. They have an excellent winery which has tasting events going on throughout the year. And a wine club as well. But back to the daylily. The monk who probogated this lovely daylily has since then passed away. So I am especially pleased that his beautiful creation lives on in my garden. I repotted it this late last year into a much larger pot. And it's rewarded us with having grown much larger with 3 big stems of flowers, several of which open every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment