Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring Skies



The other day as we headed to town, caught a few nice pics of some of the interesting skies we've head before the latest storm blew in.
The picture of Mt. Shasta looked so amazing with that heavy dark blanket of sky appearing like a curtain, ready to fall on a scene.
By the time we headed back home, the skies were mostly a wonderful blue, with huge cumulus clouds sailing along.
I love this time of year. Rather then endless blue, sunny skies, as is the norm all summer long, now it's always
great to take that trip to town where the horizons seem endless and we never know what we'll find when we get out of our foothills into the open valley.
I took the picture with the wonderful oaks and the huge clouds just before we headed into the ranch itself.
Richard pulled over and I got out for a better chance at capturing the slight greening of the pastures and the oak against that great sky.
When I turned around to get back into the truck, I found some spectators wondering what I was up to.
So had to include them as well. :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos. I love seeing Mt. Shasta all snowed over, and yes, the cloud cover above it highlights the white snow nicely. I also like your spectators! Happy cows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you enjoyed them. As for the cows, love seeing them out out there in the green pastures. They are happy, because they know how to live in the moment!!! They can teach us a lot, huh?

    ReplyDelete