Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1st-7th, 2014


December 1st, 2014
~
In this season of change
when most of nature
curls up for a winter rest
soft mossy pillows appear
on the old roof tiles
revived by winter rains
moss and small ferns
now celebrate this new
moist world~unfurling
slowly~testing the air
waking while others sleep



December 2nd, 2014
~
The Misadventures of Ming Dragon
~
Woke this morning full of joy
yummy kibble~my favorite toy
climbed the rafters upside down
made them laugh I am such a clown
finally tired curled up for a nap
dreamed of meezes~can't beat that
everything was going well but I
woke up~ this looked like hell
plastic crate had now appeared
things got bad just as I feared
locked me in~drove to town
stared through the cage door
feeling down~I howled out loud
to no avail~whimpered sadly
whipped my tail~finally they let
me out~it would get better
I had no doubt~in came two
strangers who looked at me
poked my tummy~stole my pee
poked again I have lost count
tortured me then diagnosis was
found~finally back in my crate
the nightmare is over~but they
made a new date~on top of
all that now my dinner is late!!


December 3rd, 2014
~
Outside our studio window
small oak tree stands tall
his mouth forms an ooooh
of delight as he soaks up
generous blessings from above
winter storm strikes hard
creek's roar fills the canyon
liquid music to our ears
high above the creek
we're riding out the storm
muddy paw blossoms
spring up on white floors
winter in the country
not for the faint of heart


December 4th, 2014
~
Lively sounds greet our ears
down below
creek rushes along merrily
telling tales
of all the places it has been
then hurrying
along to join the big river
BON VOYAGE.........


December 5th, 2014
~
Her face cannot always be clearly seen
yet her journey can be followed
silently she slips across the night sky
darting in and out of ragged clouds
rainbow halo frame her countenance
bright windows in the inky darkness
as if we too are on a long journey
accompanying her sleepily on a night train
gazing into neighborhoods unknown


December 6th, 2014
~
Surrounded by such stillness
no wind~no driving rain
even the early birds still rest
~
Walking the wet hushed land
I find them~standing silently
small family groups gathering
~
Leaning toward each other
as if whispering secrets
only they can hear and share
~
Waking first~scrub jays screech
shattering the morning silence
timid rays pierce morning clouds
~
Fallen leaves~carpet of copper
strewn~leaving branches bare
this early morning~after the storm


***

   
December 7th, 2014
~
Storm
  clouds passed on
   again her gentle glow
    illuminates the night sky
   she's waning yet her
   heart still glows
  brightly
                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment