Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26th-August 31st, 2013



August 26th, 2013
~
Nod to minimal Monday~then on to the boulder
~
Country Road Vistas=Bliss
~
Sunday Drive
~
Yesterday we took a lovely drive through the local countryside,searching for our watermelon farmer. Took a wrong turn,got lost. The winding road led us to the hills, then away again, then back once more. Amazing vistas all along our journey, so worth every lost mile.
At the end of the trail the delight of friendly folks who were happy to share their story and their country place. Getting to know each other, finding things in common ,much laughter shared. I had brought a printed copy of my melon stone which brought joy to those who grew that Charleston Gray I shared with you in July.
So in a way, sharing about our group, you too came along on our Sunday drive. As the light faded, we headed home another Charleston Gray tucked safely away. What fun it was to drive on the country roads, some just dirt roads. We were totally lost, yet content,enjoying every minute.
To meet the very people who worked hard to grow our food, to make that connection was such a treat, as are their delicious melons. Grown with love and care, infusing that into their product. A day well spend.
                        ***                         
August 27th, 2013
~
Buzzard Vortex~gliding skyward
mere pinpricks~seemingly testing
the limits of earth's atmosphere
one effortless spiral at a time
                      ***                       


August 28th, 2013
~


The day starts early as I wander through the garden, starry skies above. Cool late summer morning air surrounds me as I walk to my quiet space. Morning meditation reminds me that no matter what, we are all one. I breathe deeply , watching first light to the east color the sky in a delicate wash of pastels. Feeling blessed and at peace, savoring the moment. Then making my way back to the house, now more practical things nudging aside the quiet time. I get busy in the kitchen. Cool morning calls for baking, so batches of cookies soon scent the house, Chocolate and Gingersnap, some of each. Morning cup of tea sends wisps of fragrant steam into the air, freshly baked cookie melts on my tongue. A sweet start to the day, enjoying the peace and quiet before tackling the most pressing chore today, sorting and stacking the huge pile of firewood in our driveway. As I skirted it by starlight, it looked even bigger then last night. Tea and cookies, give us strength!! Though maybe a bit of toast and egg should be part of the menu as well. Still, that first cup and still warm cookie, lovely start to a promising day. 




August 29th, 2013


~
Longing for gently winding roads
lined with pines exhaling  
veils of moisture kissing my cheeks
wild flowers along tumbling creeks
Closing my eyes I visualize
breathing deeply~leaning into the curves
in my mind leaving this hot, dry valley
Burney Falls is calling my name
My mind lingers briefly and whispers
"I will see you soon"




August 30th, 2013
~
He dreams
surrounded by friends
toes twitch

                                      ***                                         


August 31st, 2013
~
SWS
~
Shrill cicada song
fills August night

No comments:

Post a Comment