Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12th-18th, 2013


August 12th, 2013
~
Minimal Monday
~
Nature exhales poetry
breathe deeply


***


August 13th, 2013
~
Darkness
we lay
on our backs
looking up waiting patiently
Perseids
***
Brilliant
streaking across
deep blue velvet
trailing white hot tails
Meteors




August 14th, 2013
~
Bright-eyed and alert the Lookout guards the covey
any suspicious movement and he sounds off, urgent chucks of alarm alerting those below feeding
DANGER! DANGER!
Off they go, small legs moving at the speed of light
bodies erect, top knots held high~ effortlessly floating across the stage like feathered ballerinas
making their exit into the underbrush
SAFETY!!




August 15th, 2013
~
Dusky deep blue berries
Virginia creeper's gift for Bluebirds
in late summer they arrive
rusty breasted~blue winged acrobats
hanging from the vines they harvest eagerly
chattering with enthusiasm~delighted at this treat
though eluding my lens~they do bring happiness
***
August 16th, 2013
~
What makes a writer?
Is it technique, the ability to measure and place
each and every word just so?
Or is it words pouring from the heart
onto the page, sometimes a mad tumble
grammar slightly askew, yet written with joy?
I ask myself these things as I try to meet
the daily challenge of placing one more stone
writing my way home toward the end of the year
Yet in this kind generous company I feel safe
placing my daily piece knowing that many will see me
behind each line spilled onto the page, they'll see
the lover of nature and creatures, lover of words
not perfect, yet filled with enough courage
to open my heart and share what I see
I am thankful to be in such kind and caring company
which feeds the heart~ encouraging and nurturing
no tearing lines to bits and stripping each piece down
to bare bones ~until all semblance of the joy which gave it life
is gone~ buried beneath technique and perfection
yet I grow and learn~ reading other stones placed
marvelous words written ~which in turn nourish me
So we grow together, each in our own way
truly blessed in this company


August 17th, 2013
~
SWS Trio
~
Morning Glory
greets us
most generously
~
Breakfast al fresco
birdsong sweetened tea
~
Morning yoga
breathing deeply
inhaling peace

***


August 18th, 2013
~
Salty
golden brown
buttery crunchy bliss
taking me worlds away
Galette
~
Galette from Normandy
I savor each buttery bite
kissed with a touch of sea salt
Closing my eyes I travel
walking those shores
hearing the sea breaking
tasting the salty spray on my lips
breathing deeply of the iodine laden air
looking across the water at Mont St-Michel
I am there just for a moment but what bliss

2 comments:

  1. I think the matter of "growth" here is key. That is quite evident to those of us who have known you for years. So very proud of you, and what you've discovered and accomplished since you began in January. And yes, the community of small stone writers is truly a blessing, to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam. Of course without your invite, none of this would have ever come into being. So thank you for stepping out there and hitting the send button when you passed the invitation on to me. It's been an interesting journey and I am enjoying it immensely. The friendships forged from that first day in January are amazing, who would ever guessed it.

      Delete