Monday, January 13, 2014

January 13th-19th, 2014


January 13th, 2014
~
Luna adorned herself~glowing halo shines
displayed on chiffon draped velvet
a precious jewel ~ she embellishes the night sky

***

January 14th, 2013
~
Burbling and gurgling fills the air
first aromatic wisps of brewing coffee
find me~tickling my nose
milk and cocoa are ready
Cafe au Chocolat time





January 15th, 2014
~
Headed home~twilight settles
truck hums quietly~ soothing me
Looking out ~watching the evening sky 
last brilliant colors flood the heavens
leaving trees crisply outlined in ink
vivid contrails~like comets~slash the sky
commuter flights~we're all headed home


#2
~
Full Moon Calling
~
She ascends the heavens~ full once more
dazzling ~this first full moon of the year
time and time again she calls to me
Luna~her golden face glowing warmly
I am standing~earthbound~ mesmerized
she casts her spell once again~her golden gaze
not yet silver as she rises~such a blessing to behold
Wolf Moon~no wonder they howl beneath it
I too feel tempted to answer her call
Aaaahooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!


***
January 16th, 2014
~
Guiltily savoring our unseasonable warmth
in my heart I know ~this is so very wrong
clearing the outside eating table for an al fresco lunch 
this just isn't right~it's mid January~WINTER
where is the rain~the cozy days spends inside
sipping hot tea~nibbling cookies~looking out
at blustery weather ~ trees dancing in the storm
joyfully receiving the heavenly wet blessing
heavy drops hitting the windows~feeding the earth
instead I move the sprinkler~again and again
who will tell the garden not to sprout in this false spring
already green tips are showing~fooled by the warm sun
too hot~too soon~too dry~will winter return?



January 17th, 2014
~
Morning Moon
Tai Chi pearl
reaching high I hold her gently
~
With each breath
taking her calm strength 
into my day
~
Breathing deep
hands moving like clouds
she slips away




January 18th, 2014
~
SWS
~
Pine lifts her arms~embracing morning

***
November 19th, 2014
~
Sunday Elfje
~
Waiting
piled high
ready to escape
yearing to be free
Tumbleweeds





No comments:

Post a Comment