Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July 1st-6th, 2014



July 1st, 2014
~
Ode to a Morning Bun
~
Oh how you glisten~your tender coils
dusted in sugar~sparkling like treasure
I did not create you~but I adore you
mindfully savoring you~first feasting my eyes
then uncoiling your sugary cinnamon heart
nearly endless spirals of buttery deliciousness 
sweetly melt on my tongue~such culinary delight
devouring you~bite after luscious bite~HEAVEN

***
#2

Ok, so I have a confession to make
I am addicted to books~always have been
this thought crosses my mind this morning
as I am searching shelf after shelf for a title
and no, I am not one of those organized 
people who keep their shelves immaculate
everything catalogued or sorted by author or title
in my defense though I do have to say this
I honor my books~giving them forever homes
just ask my poor husband who builds the shelves
and has moved them more then once in years past
they are also kept  in nearly pristine condition
well the new ones anyhow~no donkey ears here
which means no bending the edge to mark a spot
face down~causing broken spines~a cardinal sin
no doubt this habit was handed down to me
via my Dad the bibliophile who trained me well
he encouraged both the habit and proper care
probably a bit of OCD involved~fussing over books
Dad of course also suffered from this illness
blame it on DNA~both the habit and cherishing
knowing very few readers in my neighborhood
spares me from being laughed at for sending care 
sheets home with anyone who wants to borrow 
in a way that's a relief ~no worrying over them
being used as coasters or mistreated in other ways
but I digress~another fault of mine I am afraid
now~to add to the overall confusion I am also
in possession of a large collection of eBooks
most were free or greatly reduced~how does one resist
this of course really complicates the matter terribly
as I now never know anymore~do I have it 
on the shelves or is it hiding in a digi reader
this means that my habit is totally out of control~doesn't it
so why do I not feel guilty~but merely annoyed 
with my slovenly ways of record keeping

***

July 2nd, 2014
~
Dainty golden finches
bathing in the fountain
diamond droplets twinkle




#2
~
Morning Delight
~
Wide eyed she stands
curious yet cautious
watching my approach
~
Only steps away
she's perfectly still
trusting~peering at me
~
Our eyes meet
her gentle soul
shines brightly
~
From the heart of the rose
her twin appears
spotted coats so endearing
~
Stepping out daintily
together they cross the street
out into the open field


July 3rd, 2014
~
Such an unlikely pair~Day Flower overtook Hydrangea
nearly obscuring her~yet still her tender pink blossoms shine
I let them live side by side~separating them would only
leave Day Flower feeling blue~so shine on you two
gently hold each other in this tender embrace~thrive!!!



July 4th, 2014
~
Brilliant fire works
no stars~just stripes
bold color salute




July 5th, 2014
~
Hanging night laundry
under Luna's watchful eye
she will be gentler
then her cousin the sun
the bright burning one
who shows no mercy


July 6th, 2014
~
Dashing Casanova~splendid in his velvet vest
challenging to capture as he eagerly hurries along
rarely settling ~his quest~spreading love generously
humming along~landing~ravishing~sipping
leaving ruffled beauties in his wake~such a cad
yet loved by all~who can resist his furry charms??


Ten Words
~
Golden floral highrise
fly in buffet
nectar on each floor


2 comments:

  1. Hi Evi! My name is Cameron Von St. James and I had a quick question for you & was wondering if you could please email me when you have a free moment. Thanks! I really hope to hear from you soon and appreciate you taking the time. ☺ cvonstjames AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cameron, as I have no idea who you are, I would be more then happy to answer your question right here.

    ReplyDelete