Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25th-31st, 2014


August 25th, 2014
~
They come
under cover 
of darkness
glowing eyes
reveal their
secret location
band of bandits
nothing is safe
no stone
left unturned
ravishing 
the yard
the snails
long gone
empty shells 
sad remains
yet they 
charm us
those rascals
still wishing
they went 
elsewhere 
to ply 
their trade


August 26th, 2014
~
Early morning sunrise illuminates
Buddha's face looking inward
his peaceful countenance shines
~
Swirls of blueish incense rise
a bamboo flute sings sweetly
birds add their joyful voices
~
Sitting peacefully mind at rest
savoring this exquisite tranquility
such a perfect start to the day


August 27th, 2014
~
Diving deep
into the catnip
rolling around
her eyes crazed
she springs up
then races wildly
up the nearest tree
down again now the roof
around the garden
zero to nuts in
20 seconds flat
Ming Dragon
will crash soon
dreaming wild
drugged dreams
paws dancing
whiskers twitching
sleeping off
her natural high


August, 28th, 2014
~
Sometimes~when my eyes
fall upon exquisite beauty
they fill with tears of joy
trembling on my lashes
~
So blessed to be able to see
 beauty often overlooked
taken for granted by some
doubly blessed when shared


***


August 29th, 2014
~
Meditation does not come easy
to me~I fidget~but now and then
I find myself in that quiet place
where my racing thoughts are
like clouds~just passing through
and I am able to smile patiently
as they drift away~out of sight


August 30th, 2014
~
Night slowly settles as the sun slips away
out of sight~yet diaphanous veils remain
smudged colors a faint memory of her reign
~
Now Luna rides the night sky proudly
a cloud comet her chariot this night
all of this splendor~ on our way home


August 31st, 2014
~
7WS
~
Swimming high
above our heads
Right Whale

#2
~
Neon circles
pulsing~swirling
ribbons of pain
start unfurling
Art Nouveau
I blink in vain
Migraine settles
in my brain
early bed
for me tonight
way too tired
for this fight

No comments:

Post a Comment