Saturday, January 15, 2011

Buddhist Boy Monk

As we already have too much stuff, I was craving a space which is peaceful and tranquil. A place to get away from it all. To sit and think, breathe, practice Qigong and Tai Chi. So my lovely husband build an exquisite little building for me, which we call the Zen Room/House.
In it resides this sweet Buddhist Boy Monk, which Karma seemed to have send our way. So now when I need to settle my thoughts, read a few inspirational lines or explore my Tarot and Oracle cards I have a "companion" to help me focus and be at peace. There are still a few finishing touches to be added to both the interior (trim) and the exterior, but it's nearly complete and just having this peaceful statue set up makes it feel complete. :)

3 comments:

  1. Very nice.

    Love that floor, too.

    A nice place to find Nirvana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out great, huh? :) So happy I went with the Antique Hickory Floor instead of something lighter. Together with the pale-green walls and the chocolate-brown curtains, which will frame the little monk and cover the windows at night, really came out nice.
    Definitely Nirvana Material. I feel relaxed just walking through the door.

    ReplyDelete